Saturday 26 November 2016

New Environment Project: Roman Milecastle

I've started a new environment art project this week. I'm going to be creating a Roman "milecastle" environment. A milecastle was a small fort, placed roughly every Roman mile along Hadrian's wall in Northern England during the Roman occupation of "Britannia" in the 2nd century onwards. I've started preliminary research and planning of the scene and I aim to start 3D modelling next week.

I've created a Pinterest board for the project, click here to see it. I've also watched a few documentaries and read about Hadrian's wall, milecastles and Roman Britain in general.

And here's some pictures of my notes/research, list of items and a few sketches.




Just an extra note, I probably won't be doing a Spontaneous Sunday this week because I'm in work on Sunday and I'm getting the train back home for a few days afterwards so won't have time. So I'll either have to skip it or I might do it on Monday instead, time permitting.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment